It is a surgical technique designed to reduce localized deposits of FAT that neither diet nor exercise can remove. It can be done on various areas of body (Abdomen, Arms, Buttocks, Hips, Thighs, Neck, Back, Waist) at the same time or even in combination with other surgical procedures. This treatment helps in getting perfect figure as contour and even weight loss.
What does it do to body
In the human body Fat acts both as Insulator and Storage of energy as Hydrocarbons. Tissues manufactures, stores & utilizes this energy source during exercise & also acts as the vital reserve. Fat cells increases in size and number, up to the level of utilization and then after accumulation of fats usually results in increase in size of each individual fat cells.
Due to the treatment number of fat cells can be reduced and result which is usually permanent. Each remaining fat cell can however get larger or smaller. Fatty tissue is composed of ex-surface layer and a deeper layer separated by a thin layer of connective tissue. In general its the deeper layer of fat tissue that responds well to process.
Equipment used for treatment
Liposuction consist of a vacuum pump connected to Cannula hollow tube with rounded tip and perforations at the end that allows for the aspirations of fat cells with nominal trauma to the body. The equipment used for surgery has become more sophisticated including use of laser on fat surface.
Process of Liposuction
For performing treatment local anesthesia can be given but intravenous sedation in few cases. Cannula is introduced into the body through small insertions on the surface of the skin which depending upon the areas of being operated. Number of insertions are required for each area being worked upon to allow Fat to be removed in different directions. By introducing Cannula through an insertion the surgeon manipulates the Cannula to and fro through the depths of the tissues creating tunnels and sucking out the fat. This procedure is also carried through out the other insertion crisscrossing the tunnel in order to give more gentle and more even removal of fats. This causes the skin to contract & tighten and allowing it to roll better to new contours of the body. On completion of operation the area is covered with elastic carbon that compresses the operated area. Also its recommended to message area.
Types of procedures,
In Ultrasonic approach pain is still lesser, bruising is little less, swelling is little less and overall patients tend to recover faster.
Does fat come back afterwards?
Through Liposuction we can remove 70% to 80% of Fat cells in a given area which leaves only 20% - 30% of the original fat cells in the body. These cells expand and swells as you gain weight and contract as you lose weight. But as only few fat cells are left in a given area its very very hard to go back to the original before.
When done properly by an experienced cosmetic surgeon with depth of knowledge some of the known issues can be avoided.
Still some issues can appear,
Depending on the skin type of different patients and amount of fat removed and sensitivity of the area,
How to recover faster
Liposuction is a less invasive and straight forward treatment still patients has to follow complete recovery process to get desired results.
Simple check of doctor before deciding for procedure
Liposuction is one of the most popular & sought after cosmetic procedure which removes fats and and removes very fast. This is done worldwide and considered safe procedure with proven efficacy. Most of all it gives a permanent solution to the obesity.