Microdermabrasion a boon for Face
History of Microdermabrasion:
Initially Microdermabrasion was developed as clinical way to treat raised scars of burnt victims & to visibly smoothed their skin. Doctors soon noticed dramatic cosmetic improvement in skin resurfaced with microdermabrasion. Extensive clinical test proved it ethical and safe.
Microdermabrasion was later reclassified as Spa treatment in US in the year 1998.
What is Microdermabrasion:
Microdermabrasion treatment resurfaces the upper layer of skin by using a fine jet of Aluminium oxide crystals to jetty and painlessly exfoliate skin while the special micro-vacuum removes the crystals along with the dead skin cells. As the treatment removes the top layer of dead skin cells, it accelerates new cell production and promotes cologne and elastic Skin growth.
Microdermabrasion treatment can be used for,
- Skin Complexion
- Pores of skin
- Enhance skin tone
- Smooth skin surface
- Keratosis Pilaris
- Cleansing skin
- Its a non–invasive and non-chemical procedure
- It is gentler non-surgical treatment making it safer
- Reduces the sign of wrinkles
- Newer skin layer to be more elastic and full of moisture
- Helps in the production of collagen
- Doesn’t leave skin blistered or reddened
How often to undergo Microdermabrasion treatment,
- For an optimum benefit one will have to take multiple sessions of Microdermabrasion treatments. Experts recommend to take about six to ten Microdermabrasion sessions throughout the year. This will help in removing the smaller age spots and to fade the larger ones.
- Microdermabrasion can also be done at home using Microdermabrasion kit consisting of a facial scrub which contains Aluminium oxide. Few of factors to be considered while selecting Microdermabrasion home kit are Power factor, Durability, Accessories, Price last but not the least the results.
- Children over the age of 12 are suitable for taking up this treatment. In some cases, usage of this kit for age above 70 skin may lead to skin abrasion & bruising due to their matured skin.
Possible side effects of Microdermabrasion :
One may have following sensations after Microdermabrasion treatment,
- Slight Skin tightness
- Post – inflammatory hypertension
If there is any such feeling post Microdermabrasion treatment please follow aftercare instructions to heal the redness of skin.
Also one should avoid Microdermabrasion if they have sensitive skin, active rosacea flares & open acne.
Microdermabrasion visibly enhances the skin and diminishes the appearances of Acne, Scar & fine wrinkles and improves skin texture and color by gently removing the topmost layer of dead skin leaving the skin more supple and vibrant. Microdermabrasion treatment helps shave off the melanin in your skin spots.